things to remember before hurricane irene engulfs my city:
- bluetape the windows
- move electronics and furniture away from the windows
- buy bottled water
- shower before the storm and then fill up the tub
- fill pots with extra water
- buy canned food (spam, chef boyardee. what whatttt)
- wash the dishes you’ve been piling up
- throw away stinky trash. it’ll get stinkier if you’re stuck.
- buy batteries for your flashlight (or buy a flashlight)
- charge your phone
- charge your laptop so you can watch movies on it later (don’t kid yourself. wireless internet doesn’t work when there’s no electricity.)
- dig up all the scented candles that were gifted to you over the years. and matchboxes collected from restaurants.
- stock up on magazines and reading material
- convince friends to stay with you so you’re not hiding in your bathroom from fear of the storm (check! got a puppy thrown in also!)
- keep checking twitter updates for new updates in hopes of a mis-forecast
planned a hot pot lunch with friends for saturday, but a bunch won’t be able to attend due to the MTA shutdown starting at noon. looks like we’ll be having leftovers for a few days if we’re rained in. good thing i have a gas burner in case the electricity cuts out.
on another note, stoked that chinae’s ever witty to-do list went insta-viral today!